Adds 720/60p recording capabilities
This firmware enables additional features for HXR-NX70U sold in Canada
1. Improvement of zoom rocker operation(Selectable zoom speed)
2. Simultaneous Rec. with internal memory and memory card
3. 1920x1080/30p, 1280x720/60p for NTSC version, 1280x720/50p for PAL version
4. Assignable keys
5. Last Scene Review feature
6. Face detection window can be turned off by “Display on/off” for line-out purpose
7. “Zebra” and “Histogram” can be turned on by “Display on/off” for line out purpose.
To perform the upgrade, please make sure that the AC adaptor is connected and that you have removed the memory card from the unit. Once ready, connect the supplied USB cable between your computer and the Camera. The computer should recognize the camera as a "Mass Storage Device"; If it is not the case, make sure the proper menu is selected in the USB connection menu of the camera.
Launch the application and follow carefully the instructions on screen. Make sure you do not turn off or remove power from the unit unless prompted by the application.
To confirm that the upgrade was successful, you can look in the camera menu under the "other" section. The new version will be visible in the "Version" sub-menu.
This firmware can be performed by end-users. If you have questions our concerns, please contact your local dealer.
This supplemental instruction manual highlights the added fonctionalities of Firmware version 2.00.
The attached application will load the firmware upgrade version 2.00 on NEX-FS100L and NEXFS100K sold in Canada.
This new firmware will enable additional fonctionalities as described below:
1. Added 50Hz recording system (PAL): 1920x1080 50p, 50i, 25p and 1280x720 50p. 2. Camera Profile (camera settings can be saved to and loaded from a memory card). 3. Additional 4x and 8x Expanded Focus magnification: (with user selectable focus area). 4. Selectable ISO or GAIN sensitivity display. 5. Selectable Focus indication in FEET or METERS (E-mount lens only). 6. Selectable Shutter indication as EXPOSURE TIME or SHUTTER ANGLE. 7. Added the following Aspect-Ratio markers: 2.35:1, 1.85:1 and 1.66:1. 8. Display ON/OFF button enables Zebra and/or Histogram overlay onto video output. 9. Compatible with the new A-Mount to E-Mount adaptor, model LA-EA2. One push Auto-IRIS and continuous 15-point, Phase-Detection Auto-Focus operation with most Alpha A-Mount lenses is available. Lens metadata is displayed onscreen and stored real-time to image file.
This upgrade can be performed by the end-user, following the instruction on the application screen. If you have questions or concerns, please contact your local dealer.
This application runs on MAC OS X lion at 32 bits (64 bits is NOT supported). Please refer to the Apple website for instructions on starting your MAC in 32 bits.
To perform the upgrade, please remove the memory card from the unit and connect the AC adaptor. Once done, use the supplied USB cable between your MAC computer and the camera. The camera should be recognized and you can proceed with launching the application. If prompted to enter a password, use the administrative credential of your MAC computer. Make sure you follow the on-screen instructions and do not turn off or remove power from the unit unless prompted by the application.
You can confirm the latest version has been successfuly uploaded after the process by looking in the camera menu, under the "other" tab (you will see the new version under the version tab)
This application will run on Windows 32 bits (64 bit version is NOT supported).
To perform the upgrade, you will need to make sure that the camera is selected as a "MASS Storage Device" in the USB menu. If properly set-up and powered by the AC adaptor, once you connect the USB cable between the camera and the PC, Windows will recognize your camera as a Mass storage device and will be ready for the update. Launch the application and follow the instructions on the screen. Make sure you do not remove power or turn off the unit unless prompted by the application.
Copyright 2013 Sony of Canada Ltd.