The following End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you and Sony Corporation ("SONY"). Under the EULA, you may use this software for SONY's products under "XDCAM EX" brand (the "Software"). By clicking the button "Yes" below, it is deemed that you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the EULA. If you do not agree with the EULA, you should not download or use the Software.
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Article 1. LICENSE
- Subject to the terms and conditions of the EULA, SONY grants you a non-exclusive and non-transferable license, with no right to grant sub-licenses, to use the Software.
- You may download and use one copy of the Software on a single computer, and install such Software through Sony's recording media named "SxS" or "SxS Pro" in your owned SONY products under "XDCAM EX" brand and then use it in such products.
Article 2. RESTRICTIONS
The license to the Software granted hereunder shall be subject to the following restrictions and limitations except as expressly approved by SONY or permitted by applicable legislation:
You may not:
- copy or duplicate the Software in whole or in part;
- alter, add, arrange, delete, or otherwise modify the Software in any manner;
- reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software in whole or in part;
- assign, sublicense, redistribute or otherwise dispose of the right hereunder, whether with charge or not; and
- deface, or obscure any copyright notice of the Software.
Article 3. RIGHT
All title to and copyrights on the Software are owned and/or controlled by SONY. All rights not specifically granted under the EULA are reserved by SONY.
Article 4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. SONY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THE SOFTWARE IS FREE FROM ERROR, DEFECT OR INACCURACY AND OPERATES PERFECTLY. SONY MAKES NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AND HEREBY DICLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- SONY MAKE NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER THAT THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE HEREUNDER DOES NOT INFRINGE OR WILL NOT CAUSE INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
- SONY SHALL NOT INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND DEFEND YOU AND/OR ANY THIRD PARTY FROM ANY DAMAGE INCURRED BY YOU AND/OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL SONY BE LIABLE TO YOU AND/OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS OR PERSONAL PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA) ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF SONY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Article 5. TERMINATION
- SONY may terminate the EULA if you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions of the EULA. Such termination shall not prejudice SONY's right to damages or any other remedy available at law.
- In case of termination of the EULA, you shall destroy the Software downloaded pursuant to Article 1.2.
- The provisions of Articles 4 through 6 of the EULA shall survive the termination of the EULA.
Article 6. GENERAL
- The EULA shall be construed according to the laws of Japan.
- You agree to comply with all applicable export regulation laws, regulations and international treaties that apply to the Software.
- The terms and conditions stated herein are declared to be severable. If any paragraph, provision, or clause in the EULA is found or be held to be invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction in which the EULA is being performed, the remainder of the EULA shall be valid and enforceable.
If you agree to the foregoing, please click the button "Yes" below.